GALT JOINT UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
2015 Board Protocol
The Board and the Superintendent acknowledge our mutual commitment and agreement to uphold the following Board Protocol:
General – With a focus on students, the Board and the superintendent will:
1. Keep learning and achievement for each and every student as the primary focus.
2. Value, support, and advocate for public education.
3. Operate openly with trust and integrity.
4. Govern in a dignified and professional manner, treating everyone with civility, dignity, and respect, while honoring the right to disagree with each other.
5. Keep confidential matters confidential. Uphold the legal requirement for confidentiality on all matters arising from Board Meeting Executive Sessions; will keep all conversations taking place in Closed Session absolutely confidential.
6. Discuss public matters in publicly noticed Board meetings.
7. Focus on policymaking, planning, and evaluation for student success.
8. Ensure opportunities for the diverse range of views in the community to inform Board deliberations, and evaluate the District’s performance.
9. Communicate to the staff and community the common vision and annual, measurable goals.
10. Work with all members of the Board and the Superintendent to become a team devoted to students; be dedicated to making all members of the team successful.
11. Act with dignity, and understand the implication of demeanor and behavior.
12. Recognize and respect difference of perspective and style of the Board and among staff, students, parents, and the community.
13. Understand the authority rests with the Board as a whole and not with individuals Recognize decisions are made only at properly scheduled meetings.
14. Support decisions of the majority after honoring the right of individual members to express opposing viewpoints and to vote their convictions.
Approved February 17, 2015 - to see signed document, click here: